Ah, the smell of baked cauliflower on a lazy Sunday morning… probably not what you’re thinking, right? Prepare to change your mind. This casserole is warm, delicious and beyond satisfying.
It’s perfect for yourself, or as a brunch option for your gluten free guests and those who really want to take that Paleo leap yet aren’t quite there yet. As well, you can make this dish completely organic with your choice of ingredients.
*Don’t over-cook (or over-nuke) your cauliflower. If you cook it too much before you bake it, you’ll have cauliflower mush.
*Play with your cheese. If there are some cheeses that you really like, give them a try. Just remember to always use one soft cheese that melts well.
*If you want to be a little bad, put tiny pats of butter on top of the bake. It will give you a browner and crunchier crust on top. (Yum.)
- 10 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk (substitute coconut milk if desired)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 oz fontina cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh dill
- Use a vegetable or asparagus steamer and steam cauliflower until slightly soft. 4-5 minutes in the microwave will also do the trick.
- Mix together eggs, milk (coconut milk), cheese and salt in a bowl.
- Brush a layer olive oil onto a 13×9 inch dish, or spray with olive oil spray.
- Place steamed cauliflower in the dish and power egg, milk and cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until eggs are set and top is golden brown.